Aker is a venture-backed precision agricultural startup. We are an innovation leader in evaluating crop health to enable precision farming. Aker believes that in-season crop monitoring is key to optimize inputs, yield and drive profitability. Consequently, Aker is dedicated to building the best in-season agronomic hardware and software tools to support the entire industry.
Aker brings expertise in aerospace, robotics, and computer vision to build a patented drone solution (TrueCause™) for detecting pests, diseases and fertility issues inside the canopy of crop fields. Your contribution will set the pace to complete a commercial solution and scale a platform to shape the future of precision agriculture by in-season crop management practices.
We’re looking for an outstanding lead systems engineer with interest and/or experience in drone systems, sensor integration, obstacle avoidance, and intelligent flight around and into crop fields. This individual brings superb technical, research, and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to work quickly in a multidisciplinary environment, diving deep, producing analysis, and communicating results to an audience of domain experts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO?
- Document high-quality technical metrics related to design, requirement derivation, failure analysis, performance management, system integration and verification, system-level test plans, and commissioning.
- Manage software development and testing of all the embedded software for the system.
- Manage the mechanical design of drone and sensor systems.
- Work with all cross-functional teams (product, industrial design, and contract manufacturing) with emphasis on working closely with our sensors team to integrate technologies into the final product.
- Manage the process to bring the system into commercial production by defining factory system test requirements and assisting in project management of resources.
- Work with and manage suppliers/manufacturing partners to establish mutually beneficial relationships for future product designs.
WHAT YOU BRING?
- BS or MS Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in design, integration, and test of modern autonomous vehicles
- Strong Mathematical/Statistical/Physics fundamentals
- Excellent problem-solving ability; ability to articulate complex concepts and designs to colleagues across disciplines
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language for embedded development support and data analysis
- Experience as a lead engineer on a related project.
- Facility with 3D CAD tools, modeling, and fabrication of working prototypes and shipping products
- Knowledge of sensor integration, hardware design, and overall image computation is preferred
- Differentiating characteristics include demonstrated leadership and ability to balance independent and teamwork environment, detail-oriented, and an overall go-getter attitude
- Farming background or passion for agriculture (plus)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible PTO
- Health insurance to give you peace of mind
- Udemy subscription to keep advancing your skills
This is a full-time employment opportunity for virtual office, but with preference to relocate to St. Louis, MO area.
Send inquiries to email@example.com