WHO WE ARE
Aker is a venture-backed fast-growing precision agricultural startup. We are an innovation leader in evaluating crop health to enable precision farming. Aker has built its business by getting its boots dirty. Aker believes that deep soil and in-season crop monitoring are key to optimize inputs, yield and drive profitability. Consequently, Aker is dedicated to building the best in-season agronomic tools and services for the industry.
Aker’s service has become the backbone of many precision farming teams as the company serves as the in-season information hub for field scouts, agronomists, applicators and growers. Aker empowers its customers to be more productive in the field and therefore more essential to their clients.
As a Product Lead, you’ll work with growers, ag retailer and chemical manufacture customers, and internal teams to define the technical requirements (primarily software and indirectly hardware) and functionality to deliver better in-season outcomes for farmers via Aker’s Pest Network.
WHAT YOU’LL DO?
- Develop a customer first vision for the product now and into the future.
- Become a domain expert, successfully translating business objectives and customer needs into product and technical requirements.
- Practice strong business judgement and technical knowledge to communicate what is technically possible and strategically critical to the business.
- Develop clear business case and product requirements documentation to support effective engineering product builds.
- Identify and track key product success metrics and driving product iterations to improve those metrics.
WHAT YOU BRING?
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, business or similar background.
- 5+ years of experience working with a consumer facing software product.
- Ability to manage complex projects and work across multiple teams, building strong relationships across the business
- Experience working with complex and broad data sets, as well as data science modeling to analyze those data
- Agility to adapt and learn evolving requirements under new product deployment
- Big plus if you’ve worked with hardware and software systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary, plus stock option compensation.
- Flexible PTO. We understand sometimes you just need a breather.
- Health insurance to give you peace of mind.
- Udemy and Audible subscriptions to keep advancing your skills.
Send CV along with references to firstname.lastname@example.org