WHO WE ARE
Aker is a fast-growing precision agricultural startup. We are an innovation leader in evaluating crop health to enable precision farming. Aker has built its business by getting its boots dirty. Aker believes that deep soil and in-season crop monitoring are key to optimize inputs, yield and drive profitability. Consequently, Aker is dedicated to building the best in-season agronomic tools and services for the industry.
Aker brings expertise in aerospace, robotics, and computer vision to build a patented drone solution for detecting pests, diseases and fertility issues inside the canopy of crop fields. Your contribution will set the pace to build a full commercial offer and scale a platform to shape the future of precision agriculture by in-season crop management practices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintain current Ruby web-app implementation while working to architect and migrate into embedded environment with API
- Develop and maintain new versions of a patent-pending crop probing device
- Work as part of a cross-functional, agile project team enabling flight mission and smart drone flight into the canopy of crop fields from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Analyze drone field performance and diagnostics to conceive new software requirements
- Contribute toward predictable delivery of quality releases
- Maintain exceptionally high standards of design and code quality
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum three years as a full stack software developer or similar role
- Experience with Ruby, Embedded C/C++, Python, Linux, etc.
- Experience with database schema design, SQL, etc.
- Experience with hardware communication protocols: I2C, RS232/TTL Serial, WiFi, cellular, etc.
- Experience with Amazon EC2 and/or S3 a plus
- Familiarity with PX4, Arducopter, MAVLink messaging and/or RTOS a plus
- Familiarity with AI, image processing and/or object identification a plus
- Enthusiastic, fearless and boundary-less with the ability to coach and mentor
WHAT WE OFFER
The position is full time with a preference (not required) for candidates based in St. Louis. Compensation will be based on experience
- Flexible PTO. We understand sometimes you just need a breather.
- Health insurance to give you peace of mind.
- Equipment for all of your needs at the company.
- Udemy subscription to keep advancing your skills.
Send CV along with references to firstname.lastname@example.org