Aker is a fast-growing precision agricultural startup. We are an innovation leader in evaluating crop health to enable precision farming. Aker has built its business by getting its boots dirty. Aker believes that deep soil and in-season crop monitoring are key to optimize inputs, yield and drive profitability. Consequently, Aker is dedicated to building the best in-season agronomic tools and services for the industry.
Aker brings expertise in aerospace, robotics, and computer vision to build a patented drone solution for detecting pests, diseases and fertility issues inside the canopy of crop fields. Your contribution will set the pace to build a full commercial offer and scale a platform to shape the future of precision agriculture by in-season crop management practices.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop new features, test and deploy web-based software as part of Aker’s digital agriculture platform
- Analyze new product requirements
- Integrate new technologies, particularly related to analysis of large data sets, image computation, agriculture IoT sensors, machine learning inference and trend analysis modeling for agriculture.
- Contribute toward predictable delivery of quality releases
- Maintain exceptionally high standards of design and code quality
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum three years as a full stack software developer or similar role
- Deep experience in one or more of the following; React, Nodejs, Ruby/Rails
- Experience with database schema design, SQL and PostGIS.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and computer vision
- Enthusiastic, fearless and boundary-less with the ability to coach and mentor
WHAT WE OFFER
The position is full time in St. Louis. Compensation will be based on experience, plus:
- Flexible PTO. We understand sometimes you just need a breather.
- Health insurance to give you peace of mind.
- Equipment for all of your needs at the company.
- Udemy subscription to keep advancing your skills.
Send your CV or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org