Aker is a fast-growing precision agricultural startup. We are an innovation leader in evaluating crop health to enable precision farming. Aker has built its business by getting its boots dirty. Aker believes that deep soil and in-season crop monitoring are key to optimize inputs, yield and drive profitability. Consequently, Aker is dedicated to building the best in-season agronomic tools and services for the industry.
Aker brings expertise in aerospace, robotics, and computer vision to build a patented drone solution for detecting pests, diseases and fertility issues inside the canopy of crop fields. Your contribution will set the pace to build a full commercial offer and scale a platform to shape the future of precision agriculture by in-season crop management practices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Enhance the company’s technical vision and work with the CEO to ensure alignment with business objectives and revenue goals
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing and Product Management to drive product creation and delivery
- Establish engineering KPIs and ensure high standards and best practices are met
- Be able to oversee both hardware and software creation for realization of Aker’s complete system architecture
- Deliver highly scalable software platforms and the hardware infrastructure underlying the delivery of such services
- Be an inspirational leader; recruit, develop and lead a team of highly talented personnel with a dedication to excellence
- Develop collegial relationships with key personnel from our existing customers and strategic partners.
- Prospect and engage new customers and partners!
- Be involved in exceptional situations that may arise as our internal operations team processes customer service orders.
- Take responsibility for annual revenue goals, as reasonably established by you and the leadership team.
- Live the company values and contribute to the overall strategy of the company.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING?
- Ten years of proven sales success experience with at least five of them in B2B large account sales.
- An undergraduate degree.
- Relevant work experience in agriculture is preferred.
- A driver’s license and willingness to drive in the region to meet customers once every few weeks for a couple of days.
- Able to work independently regularly, while committed to the team’s objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with channel partners.
WHAT WE OFFER
The position is full time in preference in the St. Louis, MO area. Compensation will be based on experience, plus:
- Flexible PTO. We understand sometimes you just need a breather.
- Health insurance to give you peace of mind.
- Equipment for all of your needs at the company.
- Udemy subscription to keep advancing your skills.
Send CV along with references to email@example.com