WHO WE ARE
Aker is a venture-backed precision agricultural startup. We are an innovation leader in evaluating crop health to enable precision farming. Aker believes that in-season crop monitoring is key to optimize inputs, yield and drive profitability. Consequently, Aker is dedicated to building the best in-season agronomic hardware and software tools to support the entire industry.
Aker brings expertise in aerospace, robotics, and computer vision to build a patented drone solution (TrueCause™) for detecting pests, diseases and fertility issues inside the canopy of crop fields. Your contribution will drive the market expansion and fast adoption of Aker’s platform around the globe to shape the future of precision agriculture with better plant health analytics.
We are seeking a Operations Manager with strong operational management skills to lead the team building, budgeting, workflow data collection, processing and overall service delivery of Aker’s solution in Brazil. The position will build and execute our service delivery function through the recruitment and management of both internal staff and seasonal contractors across service area.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build and manage a world class operational infrastructure to plan, deliver and maintain Aker’s service delivery for all customer segments.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of seasonal and contract staff.
- Nurture local customer relationships for effective engagement and adapting Aker’s technology platform into the local market.
- Develop seasonal budget and manage the process and execution for the operating plan.
- Ensure the availability, reliability, data integrity and security of logistics systems and customer deliverables
- Collaborate with product team to specify the back-office functionality.
- Develop integrated processes to automate routine steps, where possible, and collaborate with peers on process improvements, which require their involvement.
- Develop business cases, justifications and cost-benefit analysis for equipment and information system spending.
- Mentor and develop team members to enable personal and professional development
- Travel to the USA (about twice a year) to collaborate in advancing the overall strategy and development of the Aker’s platform.
Recommend technology improvements and investment to reduce operating costs while increasing overall field efficiency.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline; or similar technical experience; Advanced degree (Masters or MBA) preferred
- 10+ years of progressively responsible operational management experience within a fast-paced logistics, or service driven organizations
- Familiar with preparation of budgets and experience in managing financial and targets
- Strong prioritization, interpersonal, problem-solving, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment. Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite and data systems.
- Working experience in the agriculture industry and/or working with seasonal field staff is a plus.
- Outstanding communication skills with proficiency in English and Portuguese languages.
WHAT WE OFFER
The position is full time with a preference (not required) for candidates based in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Flexible PTO (vacation and paid time off)
- Health insurance to give you peace of mind
- 401K and bonus for performance within your region
- Udemy subscription to keep advancing your skills
Send CV along with references to email@example.com