Aker is a venture-backed precision agricultural startup. We are an innovation leader in evaluating crop health to enable precision farming. Aker believes that in-season crop monitoring is key to optimize inputs, yield and drive profitability. Consequently, Aker is dedicated to building the best in-season agronomic tools and services for the industry.
Aker brings expertise in aerospace, robotics, and computer vision to build a patented drone solution for detecting pests, diseases and fertility issues inside the canopy of crop fields. Your contribution will set the pace to complete a commercial solution and scale a platform to shape the future of precision agriculture by in-season crop management practices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO?
- Nurture deeper relationships with key personnel from our existing customers and strategic enterprise accounts.
- Prospect and engage new customers and partners.
- Build and manage a world class sales and marketing infrastructure to plan, deliver and expand Aker’s market share across chemical supplier and retailer channels.
- Take responsibility for annual revenue goals, as reasonably established by you and the leadership team.
- Live the company values and contribute to the overall strategy of the company.
WHAT YOU BRING?
- 5-10 years of proven sales success experience with at least five of them in B2B large account sales.
- An undergraduate degree.
- Relevant work experience in precision agriculture is preferred.
- A driver’s license and willingness to drive in the region to meet customers once every few weeks for a couple of days.
- Able to work independently regularly, while committed to team’s objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with channel partners.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible PTO (vacation and paid time off)
- Health insurance to give you peace of mind
- 401K and bonus for performance within your region
- Udemy subscription to keep advancing your skills
The position is full time, virtual role with quarterly travel to our St. Louis, MO office. No third-party applications will be accepted.