Aker is a venture-backed precision agricultural startup. We are an innovation leader in evaluating crop health to enable precision farming. Aker believes that in-season crop monitoring is key to optimize inputs, yield and drive profitability. Consequently, Aker is dedicated to building the best in-season agronomic tools and services for the industry.
Aker brings expertise in aerospace, robotics, and computer vision to build a patented drone solution for detecting pests, diseases and fertility issues inside the canopy of crop fields. Your contribution will set the pace to complete a commercial solution and scale a platform to shape the future of precision agriculture by in-season crop management practices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO?
- Create and analyze farmer-led case studies from existing Aker platform users to support new product development through agronomic and practical advice.
- Manage and maintain the creation and evolution of Aker’s internal agronomy data assets and machine learning engine.
- Establish partnerships with ag retailers, farmers, crop consultant networks and research centers to identify practical use cases for Aker’s crop diagnostic to address real-world agronomy problems.
- Test new products and software in the field and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Benchmark and maintain product performance.
- Support field deployment for guidance on collection and operational improvements.
- Support management strategies with new technologies that can become agronomic revenue streams.
- Contribute to the overall strategy of the company.
WHAT YOU BRING?
- Minimum BS degree, preferred MS in ag-related subject required
- 3+ years of experience in ag business
- Agronomy expertise and demonstrated experience in working with growers in adopting new technology.
- Ability to distill farm-based problems into new initiatives that farmers will trust.
- Experience and/or understanding of new product development and launch processes.
- Able to work independently while committed to team’s objectives.
WHAT WE OFFR
The position is full time with preference in the St. Louis, MO area. Compensation will be based on experience, plus:
- Flexible PTO
- Health insurance
- Udemy subscription to keep advancing your skills
Please send CV to email@example.com